I’m very disappointed in the diaspora cause its full of haters. And its sad because when they talk about we, they refer to them and their adopted country folk. Which is ok, cause we don’t really need them back here, we are doing just fine. This is to the Kenyan and Ethiopian haters. Kenyan haters cause you have been trying to fuck our game up and Ethiopian haters cause when I wrote the first post, you nearly murdered me on the net. And also offline. I’m not here to try and impress you. So stop trying to impress me. I’ve heard of American National Bank Of Texas, have you heard of Ndetika Rural Sacco Ltd Savings & Credit Societies or Dashen bank? Does that impress you? Yes we know Visa, you heard of Kenswitch or Pesa Point? Yes, this is a 3rd world country, hell, the entire Africa is 3rd world, but we are building our own technologies, our own systems and we are doing it from here. Not there. We have crawling internet, Safaricom is fucking us over, Zain is confused, EMTN wont allow competitors, but the mutherfucking cable is here. Amen. And its changing. We have Berries, we Tweet, we Mac, fucking hell even Wesonga has Nancy. Even Meles Zenawi is on twitter and thats something to be proud of. We might be fighting for one acre of land with those matoke eating bastards Ugandans, and Martha Karua has gone to find God, Jesus and State House, I’m wondering if her clande is guiding her on some of those topics, and the sun is still melting our asses making us a tad shade darker when we walk through our streets hustling for bread and water to become closer to Jesus, and I can even afford to have a muthefucking stalker., we had our own Enron, and matter of fact, Obama ain’t Kenyan. Don’t mistake heritage with your own personal bragging rights shit. I’m Kenyan like Obama. Its on your blog. Being born in Nyandarua is far from birth in Honolulu. Even I know that. But your ignorant asses are sweating us. Treating us like we are down here and you are up there, hell even Meles Zenawi is on twitter. Progress. Look, we love politics, and Raila and Kibaki will still rumble, Kibera will still pull out train tracks in years to come, but we are not yet forgotten, obscure or dead. You are.
Don’t get me wrong, there are brilliant geniuses out there in the diaspora who we are working with, there are those who say they will do, and I’m still waiting (I know I’m guilty of this one), there are those who are busy doing shit and won’t want shit to do with us which is cool, but its you who from two oceans away want to stick your tongue up my asshole get into my business and criticise me for what I say or do without any construction in your words. What? is your mind still under construction? Do you fucking see a million dollar budgets around here? Nobody is against constructive criticism, but you are just hating. There are people in the diaspora who have are magicians, I mean Window is building us a window to explore the world, Erik and Juliana are giving us voices, and we are talking, Wangari is playing that movie again, guys I haven’t ever talked to like Maluka are painting the world, SomaliaArtiste who is waiting for her day to play with Mogadishu sand, alongside Knaan, Jal is rapping the shit out of the Sudan war, Obie and his birthed out a new soldier (God bless), but all you haters are simply showing us that they bought new cars and shit. 401 and credit cards, dudes, we have Okoa Jahazi by Safaricom. Even Wesonga insured Nancy so he is somewhere. And we even got greens we call veggies and digest them over the roofs and make yesterday disappear for a minute or two but we are not fucking with the white lines not even when we are parking our cars. You are. Shit, we can’t afford that in the first place, and who knows who to ask for that shit?
All I’m saying is come on, give us a break. Let us hustle as we know how to, or how the day permits us to. We are doing our best and if its not good enough for you, Frisco bridge has sure lots of spots which have diving boards and the ocean water looks so inviting.

Attribution Share Alike
©Kahenya
Reposted from kahenya.com
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.