Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I can Rise From the Ashes

It's so painful, it hurts, so painful it burns
I cannot believe it has happened
And happened in this manner, oh no.
That is what hurts and burns the most
In the deepest chambers of my heart.

Didnt they warn me and tell me
Yes they did and what they predicted
has come true in prophetic fashion
Much to my dismay and disbelief.
How could it be that I was so wrong?

Yes I was head strong in my ways
I believed I was on the right path
and that they were just naysayers
who had nothing but illwill and bad wishes
For me and my plans, they were the haters!

Yes I might have been right in some ways
But not all voices are to be shunned
There are always voices of reason amongst us
If only I had cared to listen out for them
If only, if only, if only, regret is a useless feeling.

And I cannot continue like this
For in defeat I am not finished
I can only pick and dust myself up
And contemplate on what just happened
And learn from the experience.

And in this simple act of acceptance
A new dawn beckons for me
Armed with experience coupled with
The humbling manner of my failures
I can now look forward to a different, brighter future!

I CAN RISE FROM THE ASHES!!

© Fredrick Awiti 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.