Thursday, September 17, 2009

Just another one of those

I don’t remember how the journey started
But I remember my position in the car
Front passenger seat.

Traffic was light
The company to my right was highly unusual
So I decide to enjoy the cool weather
And the beauty of nature left and right
As I try to take my mind of the unusual speed of the “cruise”

I lay my head back
I try to relax
But I feel dreamy
Most unsettling why can’t I feel the bumps anymore?
Plus this silence is deafening…!

My blurred vision swayed from the road to the speedometer
120, 140, 160…….km/h!
My vision snaps back to clarity
But mind feels like the spinning wheels
Out of control!
We are dangerously approaching a sharp bend
Beyond that cliff, the famous Rift Valley below
I panic and scream at this maniac,
‘You’re going to fast!
You’re going to fast!’
My screams to my ears sound like little squeals.
Great!

Suddenly all the energy is drained from my every anatomy
I realize I’m helpless and wait for the worst
My throat is dry,
My eyes are wide open,
But I don’t see a thing
Can’t feel the taste in my mouth,
Can’t hear the engine roar
I wanna puke!
And suddenly I Have The Urge To Pee!
And the most sensible thing at that point,..
Was to wake up…
Go to the bathroom and pee off course!

© shikosuli 2009

2 comments:

dorynk said...

dis wasnt a car accident,but it is a nyc something,av really liked it

Christine said...

lol! it was just a bad dream.

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.