
When l think about my life, you cross my mind because you were apart of it. .
The hurts you caused me. The way you broke my heart so badly taught me lessons. Lessons that made me fit for life, lessons that I will never forget.
All the memories; the laughs, the cries, the jokes (the good and the bad times) I forgive you for the hurts and pain because I’m taking a different turn to a new level. In this level l want to leave the past baggage where it belongs, in the past. On this new level, there is no room for grudges, anger or animosity. There's only room for forgiveness.
I forgive you for being insensitive and blind. For the unbelievable dreadful things you said to me and for all the empty promises. I forgive you for all the lies, for your terrible disguise. For pushing me away and leaving me high and dry. For all the tears l shed, for walking away when l needed you to stay. For taking me for granted and disrespecting me, l forgive you.
I even forgive you for all the hearts that you bled and the fact that you did not care. To you it was just a game, a game of human hearts!
I resented you. Despite the hate being as strong as love to me, l choose to forgive you. I forgive you because by hating you l have nothing to gain.
© winnie salome 2009



7 comments:
Wow you are really talking about me, Thank you for remind me the forgiveness
wow. i dedicate this to all those whose hearts have been left in pieces.
@Anonymous: You are welcome
@Hazel: So do i
well most ov us hv had broken hearts,weve forgotten bt never forgiven,thanx 4 dat poem,it gives courage to all with broken hearts
Dorynk: I am glad that u think that, thanks
you know your poems have some encouraging and touching messages i will try to forgive and let go
nice work
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.