Sitting cosily in a van of 9
Full to capacity
Journey on a long trip
We were comfortably seated
Past the hustle and bustle of the city
Heading out of town for the weekend
I loved the sound of those words
Like I loved the feel of living it!
Even if just for a short while
Let me take you back
Back to my cosy seat
I’m trying to snuggle up even when I know
It doesn’t get more comfortable than this
1st class all the way
What to do, what to do?
Do I read a novel by my favourite author?
My eyes feel strained
Do I listen to this minute & convenient music machine?
Ear plugs in place, I don’t think I can handle noise
Do I sip on some strawberry yoghurt as I watch a movie?
Already well fed and hydrated like a mosquito
With an attention span of a mosquito.
Do I rack my brain trying to get to know my party….?
Plenty of time for that later on
All the while half sitting and half…laying like I’m sleeping
Do I?.....
Do I?......
Aaah! Too much debate!
This is meant to be a vacation
But ‘taking a nap’ option doesn’t seem to raise any debates within
As I try to revenge on those sleepless nights
Sleep came to me sweet and easy
And I became totally oblivious of my equally relaxed party of ….
Mmmmm…! Who cares how many and who they are!
So I’m sinking deeper and deeper
Drooling while the slight swaying of the van
Rocks me to even deeper slumber
I don’t want to wake up if it feels this good!
So I’m slowly letting go…..
Letting go until ……….
Suddenly!
Someone removed their shoe‼!
© shikosuli 2009



1 comment:
hahahahahaha..........the end is totally hillarious.....damn.....that shoe musta stunk.....lol
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.