Monday, December 21, 2009

My Baby (Not)

He plucked the strings so softly
And held his baby so close to him
His baby sounded... beautiful
He played amazingly

I sat there admiring and smiling
I got carried away by the sweet melody
My mind and soul were lost in the tunes
Until reality struck home, the melody the tunes were not for me...

They sat there embracing each other
He held her ever so close and tight
Like he would have held me...
He looked deep into her eyes, like he loved her...

I couldn't stand it, it irritated me
I felt like the script was written wrong
I was meant to be his Cinderella...
Instead i felt like the ugly step sister...

That was the last night i would see them
The last night i would enjoy a song not dedicated to me
The last night i would be jealous of a man who was never mine
That was the last night i felt so alone in a world full of people....

© Lucy Ndinda 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.