I am a child,
I was born out of genuine love
And like all the other children in the world,
I was desired, wanted and expected.
If you were to speak for me today what would you say?
I am innocent,
And I need equal opportunities with the other children,
I need to be protected,
And I need to be loved too.
Look at me,
Look me in the eyes and tell the world what you see.
I have a great future ahead of me,
If only you could have a little compassion for me,
Maybe then, I would have the energy and the will to pursue my dreams.
But you adults instead push me away,
You call me names,
You say am a drug addict,
You say am a thief
You forget to protect me in the least way possible,
And so I would love to know
How am I supposed to speak for myself when am so helpless?
How am I supposed to live a honest and straight life when,
All that I know is pain and no love?
How am I supposed to live when all of you are hostile towards me?
How am I supposed to live in this society??
You are all strong,
You all have the ability,
You have the means,
If only you had the will,
I ask once again…………..
If you were to speak for me today what would you say??
Am the hopeless, nameless and faceless chokora.
© naomi kemunto 2009



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.