From the fresh air..to the stale smell..
your perfume clogged my nostrils..I didn't feel the damp..
I ventured through the door and proceed,
To the streets of your being..I lowered my shades,
To brighten the glare,for a clearer view.
I saw something that was Unfortunately rare,
The sight moved my heart,deep inside me,
I heard the Meeaa-aawooow!!of a frail cat..
Bad Omen..maybe,maybe not..but No..we are a perfect fit..Little Did I know..:-)(
The city lights shone,well through the night,
A scene that had many characters,What I didn't know..
You were the movie Director..The Player..
They chipped,nagged and pulled at me...
I continued walking,As far as the sight of my eyes could reach...
As far as my heart could still beat,my feet could still move..
How was I to sense that the Tide was rising?
Then I remembered The days you said,.."maybe next time babe..it's twisted"
All the nights you spent away from me,
It was JUNK that I had been carrying on my back..
filling my 'innocent;'blank mind..
I started running...
Praying the I'd rise above the Road that was wide and filled with self-love..
I wished myself Luck,hoping that I'd reach The exit before 'TIMEOUT'
And I did....almost lost my soul...But thank God..
© Judith Ngonyo 2009



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.